Having some of the Red Choc Mint tea adriannam-art gave me in my art goodie pack on fri night. Let me tell you, it smells delightful. If you don’t know Adri’s art, you should definitely check it out. One of her pieces hangs proudly on my wall, and I have some little bits and bobs that will go on another wall once I get around to putting it back up!
Adri is suuuuuuuper talented (and an amazingly lovely person to boot. I am so so so lucky to know her!)
My Child sends me this text message.
May I go to the park with [insert friends]
If Yes, I shall be home between 4:30 and 5.
Signed, Your Daughter.
so, I was zipping my dress and then suddenly the zip stopped at the ONE area of my back I can’t reach if I don’t get the zip past there first go.
I grappled for like 10 mins, then I saw i had a metal art ruler on my dresser (don’t ask questions, just go with it). I thought… “I wonder…”
so i grabbed it, and basically this is a story of how i finished dressing myself with a metal art ruler. Everyone should have one.
no, seriously…. where IS Tony Stark’s sandwich
so yesterday at work I served this lady and then she came back to the counter a few mins later and my cousin talked to her and she was like “so, the indian lady served me just before and she told me…” and I am still confused because come fucking on. I actually LOOK like a white person at the moment! I AM SO GODDAMN PALE and there is nothing wrong with being indian or any other race and sure i have THE TEENIEST AMOUNT (like one relative 100 years ago) BUT I AM A FUCKING AUSTRALIAN FOR FUCKS SAKE, AND SIMPLY A WOG and there is more white blood in my than wog anyway, I just lucked out with my woggy nose and dark olive skin fuck me though.
I was tagged, but I am going to be bad and just answer because… my brain stopped working
My 11 questions:
1. What instrument have you always wanted to learn? FLUTE.
2. If you could have coffee with one author, who would it be and why? Claire Bishop. I just want to pick her brain about participatory art and spectatorship and all of it
3. If you had to burn one book, which would it be (I know this question borders on blasphemy)? twilight was my first thought so we will go with that.
4. Which color would you never dye your hair? UMMMMMMMMMMMM I think I have done them all?
5. What is your typical morning routine? wake up. check time on phone. lay on my bed willing myself to get up. stumble to toilet. sit there for like 10 mins because moving is effort. stumble to kitchen. Make coffee and cereal take all meds. (there is an order to do this as well). Sit down, eat cereal, tumblr with first coffee while watching ABC 24
6. What pair of socks is your favorite? black and white striped knee highs
7. If you could be famous for one quote, which would it be? make it work.
8. What would you do with a year’s supply of potatoes? eat them.
9. Which country do you want to visit next? I REALLLLLLLLLLLY want to go to germany and austria and ireland
10. If you were a music genre, which would you be? post hardcore
11. What’s your favorite fruit? pumpkin.
I watched 300 rise of an empire tonight and my thought process basically went: Bored, still bored, why all the music, shit son, is that callum mulvey? he just pops up in er’ything these days, this chick is badass, best. sex scene. ever., so evil. fuck. her armour *dies*. where’d he get the horse?, I don’t think there is enough blood, seriously. this movie needs more blood, mmmm intestines. HORSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you ever question if feminism is important, have a conversation with the young girls in your life.
Being the mother of a young girl is a constant reminder to me on why feminism and representation is so so so important.
And WHY we aren’t there.
WHY HASN’T THE PAIN GONE AWAY.
I’m watching Mindy because I need more mindy in my life
I have to go to uni to print a bunch of things off, hand in ethics to the HDR dept, and… find some more soft food i guess.
My cat keeps trying to steal my blanket… and he smiles while he does it.
people are yelling at me for working after this surgery, but really - this phd and single motherhood isn’t going to pay for itself. I am also making dinner despite being told I shouldn’t do such things and parenting and generally being miserable.
so, basically I’m not super anything. It’s just that my daughter and my research are more important to me than anything.